Our Together Through Homelessness veterinary scheme
Our Together Through Homelessness vet scheme funds vet care for dog owners experiencing homelessness.
This can include people who are:
- Sleeping rough
- Living in a homelessness service (for example, a hostel or supported accommodation)
- Living in temporary accommodation (such as a hotel or a B&B)
- Living in a Housing First project
- Sofa surfing
- Living in a tent or vehicle
- A traveller with no permanent place to park or living in a roadside camp
- At risk of homelessness, such as having received an eviction notice or being supported by their local authority under the 56 days prevention duty
If you're supporting a client who is in permanent accommodation following a period of homelessness, please get in touch with us as we may still be able to help.
Dogs registered on our vet scheme can access free vet care anywhere in the UK. In some areas, we have partner vet practices where someone can access vet care for their dogs.
For clients who aren't in one of those areas, we'll still provide free vet care at a local vet practice depending on their availability and capacity.
Together, we can stop people having to make the heart-breaking decision of feeding themselves or paying for vet care.