How does my service become Dogs Trust endorsed?
Interested in working with us to help keep people and their pets together? Here are our five steps to becoming a Dogs Trust endorsed service.
Step 1: Get in touch
Get in touch with one of our friendly Together Through Homelessness team for an informal chat about your service.
- We’ll ask a few questions to find out more about your current set-up and talk you through the process of becoming an endorsed service.
- We'll also arrange a video call so we can discuss your specific needs and requirements in more detail.
Step 2: Tailored support for your needs
We’ll work with you to develop a bespoke dog policy for your service which is tailored to your needs.
- If you’re already accepting dogs, we’ll review your existing policy for you.
- We’ll provide resources around dog welfare and behaviour, as well as information on risk assessments and dealing with referrals.
Step 3: Consultation
Once you're ready, we'll visit your service to carry out an in-person consultation. This is so we can make sure you and your staff are feeling comfortable and confident with accepting dogs.
Step 4: Endorsement
Once we've finalised all of your policies, you're ready to become endorsed.
- We’ll send you an endorsement certificate to display in your service to show that you're dog-friendly.
- We'll also send you a starter pack of essential doggie items and ensure you're all set up to register any dogs on our vet scheme so they can access free vet care.
- If you're happy to do so, we'll list you on our online directory of dog-friendly services. This ensures that dog owners experiencing homelessness can easily find dog-friendly homelessness services which are local to them.
Step 5: Ongoing support
We'll be here for you throughout the time you're dog-friendly. We'll do regular check-ins, and our team can answer any specific concerns or queries which may come up.
- We can also provide advice on accessing dog-friendly move-on accommodation in the private rented sector through our Lets with Pets scheme.
Sign up to become dog-friendly
If you're interested or would like to find out more, we'd love to chat to you.
Get in touch with our Together Through Homelessness team and we can work together to help keep people and their pets together.
Still have some questions? Read our FAQs.
© Photo credit: Richard Murgatroyd