Other support services
There are specialist support services for people experiencing homelessness or people who may need some additional advice and guidance. Whilst we offer support for dogs, these services can offer specialist support that may help you.
- If you're currently sleeping rough, phone StreetLink on 0300 500 0914, or visit the StreetLink website.
- If you're in Scotland, please contact Simon Community Scotland on 0800 027 7466 (Glasgow) or 0808 178 2323 (Edinburgh).
If you're concerned about someone sleeping rough and think they are in immediate danger or need urgent care, please call 999.
- If you're experiencing homelessness, or at risk of homelessness, you should contact your local authority's housing department.
- For homelessness and housing advice, contact Shelter. They have an advice line and a web chat where you can speak to a housing adviser.
- If you're experiencing domestic abuse and you have a dog, our Freedom Project is a free and confidential dog fostering service for people fleeing domestic abuse. You can also find other support services for domestic abuse.
We understand that you may need support with the cost of your dog’s vet care even if you’re not experiencing homelessness. There are free and low-cost vet care options available to many people across the UK. Find out more about this here.